Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Start of Her Pearls of Wisdom


Her Pearls of Wisdom


The “ah ha moment” for this blog came to me the night of my husband’s 20th high school reunion. It was the Saturday night after thanksgiving at the Basket Ball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Ma.

As the night progressed and the noise level increased, I found refuge in the entrance area. Sitting on a bar stool, I quickly fell into conversation with a beautiful younger woman sitting to the right of me.

Her name was Brenda and she was the wife of one of my husband’s friends. She lived in New York and was a Doctor, an internist. She mentioned how much she loved her job because her patients tell her everything and she feels as though she heals their mind, body and soul.

I felt as though I had a soul connection with her and she was a soul sista!

We swapped photos of our children and stories of work. How we manage it all and the stress of our different roles.

What made me take action and develop the idea for this blog is the feeling of camaraderie and understanding we instantly felt.

Brenda mentioned she worked three and ½ days per week and had a wonderful sitter for her two boys. We shared “war” stories about how much it takes to make it all happen, managing work, home life, children’s needs, marital relationship, family relationship and the list goes on and on.

I actually had a flash back to breastfeeding while typing my second book just in order to meet my deadline.

Brenda and I locked eyes and I said,
“Oh, right now it’s so difficult because your babies are so little, 6 months and 2 years, but it eases a bit when they get older.”

I noticed a change in her facial expression. I said, “I promise it gets easier”, something my friend Mary had told me a few years earlier when I too doubted the possibility of improvement at the time.

Then I had the “ah ha” moment for this blog. Creating a blog that offers women’s pearls of wisdom, insights, suggestion and knowing, uniquely offered in a sisterly way.

The sharing of insights through words, words that have the same effect which Brenda had mentioned - healing mind, body and soul creating a breathing space and hope.

This is the initial entry, but coming every week will be “her pearls of wisdom” from all different women at different stages of life. Creating the camaraderie that once was gained through generations of a family living within the same walls or town.

A concept that Oliver Wendall Homes quotes captures the essence of this blog created just for you!…. “A moment’s insight is worth a lifetime of experience.”

Blessings,

Kristen

No comments: