Friday, February 1, 2008

First Pearls....



I felt it only appropriate to begin "Her Pearls Of Wisdom" with a pearl from my Auntie Joann, who passed just three short weeks after the birth of my daughter Grace Sarah Rose.

She was an amazing women who seemed to be able to shed God's shining light on the darkest hours. When I first began my business at the young age of 22 years old, my family was cautiously optimistic for my success. It was my Auntie Jo who would visit me weekly and check in on how the whole new endeavor was running. She listened from the heart and filtered out the unncessary with God's Grace to help me get to the root of the issue. Then she would quickly respond with this gem:

"Don't let the turkeys get you down"....

I took it to mean to be aware of peoples' intentions and motives and don't let them drag you into their issues. I'm sure you have been in situations where you find yourself owning another person's burdens, troubles or issues that they have created within their choices. It is within this pearl that one gains a moment to reflect and verify to see if whatever is happening really is yours to take on.

In loving tribute to Joann Darcy Hewes, my aunt, friend and other mother.

No comments: